Know your Chennai Metro Rail better - Inter connectivity with other mode of transport.
The Chennai Metro Rail Project, during its first phase, will link important passenger hubs and terminals like Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, Central Moffussil Bus Terminal (CMBT), Chennai Air Port, St. Thomas Mount, Guindy, Govt. Estate and High Court.
It would integrate all important locations along the Arterial roads of Chennai namely Anna Salai (Mount Road), E.V.R. Periyar Salai (P.H. Road) and Jawaharlal Nehru Salai (100 Ft. Road).
The Chennai Metro Rail Project aims to connect the following modes of transport:
- Long distance train services at Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, St. Thomas Mount and Guindy.
- Sub-urban train services at Fort, Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, St. Thomas Mount and Guindy.
- MRTS at Fort, Central, St. Thomas Mount and Chindadripet
- Long distance Moffussil bus services at CMBT, Ashok Nagar, Alandur.
- MTC bus services at High Court (Parry's corner) and along the three arterial roads of Chennai namely Anna Salai, EVR, Periyar Salai and Jawaharlal Nehru Salai.
- At Air Port Metro Station for Air passengers of Chennai Air port.
- 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers will be integrated by providing parking facilities at Metro Stations wherever possible.
Inter connectivity with the other modes of transport is planned as below:
- By introducing common ticketing system with other modes of transport.
- Introducing multi-level parking facilities near Metro stations.
- By linking the metro stations with other modes of transport by providing escalator, walkalator, walkways, etc. wherever possible.
- By running feeder bus services at terminal and peripheral stations like Washermanpet, Mugappair etc.
- By providing the entry and exit arrangements of Metro stations very near to Railway stations, bus stops, traffic junctions, etc.