There has been an alarming trend that issues keep cropping up one after another regarding the Aadhar card. At first, there were problems encountered to get it.
Then, the government itself could track several lakhs of fake Aadhar cards and removed them.
Subsequently, complaints arose that details of Aadhar cards were leaked in several places. However, UIDAI (The Unique Identification Authority of India) has confirmed that so far, there has not been a single instance where any individual Aadhar cards have been hacked or information leaked.
In this scenario, an individual raised a complaint – when he went along with his friend to link his Aadhar card with his mobile number, he was shocked to find that his Aadhar card has been linked with 5 mobile numbers. This was surely not done by him. Thus, a query was raised whether there is a possibility of using the individual’s Aadhar card without his/her knowledge.
In order to clear this doubt/query, UIDAI has introduced a facility. As per this, we can access the details of whenever the concerned Aadhar card has been used in the last 6 months and where all it has been used within a few minutes. In case, this sort of misuse is confirmed, the concerned person can call UIDAI at 1945 and register a complaint.
How to get the above information?
Keep the mobile number to which the Aadhar card has been linked.
- Open the website: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/
- The type your 12-digit Aadhar card number in the box displayed under the option - `Aadhaar Authentication History`.
- Get the 4-digit security code given in the box by the side and type the same. Click the option – Generate OTP.
- The OTP would be received by the mobile number you had given while getting Aadhar card.
- You need to enter this OTP in the next page. However, enter the following details first in the present page:
- Pick the option ‘ALL’ in the drop-down menu – Authentication Type. (You can also select whichever you prefer)
- Enter the dates – from and to - during which you wanted the usage detail. You can get the details of maximum up to 6 months.
- Next, you can enter the number – how many entries you wish to see (Maximum – 50 entries).
- Now, enter the OTP and press submit.
- Now you will receive the details of usage of your Aadhar cards in the last 6 months.